3-bedroom properties are as the name suggests, those that have three allocated bedrooms. This type of property would suit a small family. There are 3-bedroom properties advertised as having a separate office or maid/driver room (sometimes listed as a 3+1BR), some have their own attached bathroom too which would mean that the property technically has 4 bedrooms. It is advisable to check the facilities being offered and also the layout of the property as some agents do not always list all the amenities fully. It is also best to view any properties that interest you in person as there are many aspects of the home that you can gauge better when you visit the property.
Approximately 80% of all 3-bedroom properties available for rent in Qatar are apartments in an apartment block or tower. The remaining 20% of 3-bedroom homes for rent are villas, penthouses, townhouses, or serviced apartments in a residential block or hotel.
Flats are self-contained residential units occupying part of a larger building. They are usually set out on a single storey of a building and it is for this reason that in some regions (UK, India etc.) they are referred to as "flats". The term "flat" is used in the UK, India and places that use British English. In Europe, North America and places that use American English, the word apartment is preferred. Flats have their own front door, kitchen, toilet and bathroom. In some countries a 1-bedroom apartment may be advertised as a 1bhk or 1bhk flat. The term "bhk" or "BHK" refers to bedroom, hall and kitchen. This means that the unit would have 1 bedroom, a hall (lounge/sitting room) and kitchen. Flats can be found in residential blocks or towers and sometimes even as a part of a house or villa where a whole floor or a section of it, has been separated to have its own entrance etc.
New Al Hitmi is a district in the municipality of Doha. Together with districts of Hamad Medical City dand Fereej Bin Omran, it forms zone 37 of Qatar. Its name is derived from the main historical settlers in the area, the Al Hitmi family from the Al Bin Ali tribe. The Al Hitmi district is bordered by Fereeej Bin Omran to the north, Al Sadd to the south, Al Messila to the west and Hamad Medical City to the east. The district is served by 6 buses and is conveniently located close to two Metro stations, Hamad Hospital and Al Messila, both on the Green Line.
The area has good road links with Al Rayyan Road (Q3) running along the south edge of the district, Jassim Bin Hamad Street running along the west edge and Mohammad Bin Thani Street running along the east edge. Several landmarks exist in the district including the Doha Youth Centre, American Education Centre and National Council for Culture, Arts and Heritage. Al Hitmi Park and Nasser Gardens are great for those looking for greenery in the district. Another important landmark in the district is the Fahad Bin Jassim Kidney Centre which is one of the 6 Dialysis Units of Qatar and specialises in treating patients with kidney difficulties.