5-bedroom properties are those that have five allocated bedrooms. This type of property would suit a medium to large sized family. There are some 5-bedroom properties advertised as having a separate room for a maid/driver and some have their own attached bathroom too. Technically such properties would be considered to have 6 bedrooms. Over 85% of all 5-bedroom properties available for rent in Qatar are villas. The remaining 15% of 5-bedroom homes for rent are apartments, penthouses, townhouses or on the odd occasion a triplex with a large roof terrace: perfect for outdoor entertaining.
It is advisable to check the facilities being offered and also the layout of the property as some agents do not always list all the amenities fully. It is also best to view any properties that interest you in person as there are many aspects of the home that you can gauge better when you visit the property.
A villa is a property/house that is either detached or attached to one or more other villas and commonly set out over two or three floors. A compound villa is defined as a villa that is located within a residential compound or "neighbourhood/society". Compounds vary in size and can be anything from a handful of villas to hundreds in the much larger compounds. Renting a villa or apartment in a compound offers many benefits such as security, maintenance, swimming pool, gym, clubhouse with various facilities, children"s play area and other sporting facilities to name a few. Some compounds are gated and others have the convenience of a mini supermarket for groceries, a restaurant or even a mosque. There are compounds which are private and belong to companies offering their employees housing as part of their contract. Most international schools have residential compounds located near them and it is very easy to find good accommodation nearby for the convenience of families. There is a wide variety of compounds in Qatar that suit most budgets and have all kinds of amenities. It is worth asking the agent about any adverts you have seen and checking the amenities with them if you are looking for anything in particular, as sometimes agents do not list all the available amenities in a compound.
Umm Salal Ali is a district in the municipality of Umm Salal situated in eastern Qatar about 27 kilometres north of Doha and 18 kilometres to the west of Lusail. In Arabic, "Umm Salal" translates to "mother of rocks". The name "Ali" added onto the end refers to Ali bin Jassim Al Thani, a son of Qatar's former ruler, Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani, who previously owned a number of farms in the area. Nearby villages include Umm Al Amad, Bu Fasseela and Al Mazrouah. There are good road links to the district with the Doha Expressway (Al Shamal Road Q1) running along the east edge of the district.
The area has been undergone much development in recent years including a massive reservoir project which when completed is expected to be the largest in the world in its category. The Al Sulaiteen Agricultural Complex is headquartered in Umm Salal Ali, consisting of 40 hectares of cultivable land with desalination plants on-site and producing up to 300 tonnes of fresh produce annually. The Central Fish Market was transferred from Abu Hamour to Umm Salal Ali in 2017. There are three schools in the area, one being international and in recent years dues to the expansion and development there have been many residential compounds constructed. As a result, it is quite easy to find homes to rent in Umm Salal Ali and there are plenty of apartments and villas to choose from to suits all budgets.